You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shoe Care Information
Experience in the shoe industry does have it’s advantages. However, knowing how to care for your Birkenstock’s will come surprisingly easy.
- 1. First, Protect from the Elements. Extreme temperatures either be hot or cold will not help your Birkenstock’s health. Exposure to extreme weather can harm your Birkenstock’s cork footbeds or EVA soles. Also, if water damage occurs, just set them out to air dry inside. No Direct Sunlight! So please, Bring them indoors, and not on top of an oven or in the shower.
- 2. Then, Apply Cork Seal. This will definitely halt any damage that may have started on the exposed cork. When you notice areas that are no longer shiny or you can feel the cork material, just apply a few coats of Birkenstock Cork Seal, set out to dry, and wait for your new shoes to dry! Notice: This happens from normal wear and tear, so when you buy some Birkenstock’s, don’t forget to protect them with Birkenstock Coal Seal; It’s less than $5.
- 3. LAST! Replace Worn Soles. Easy to say, but sounds difficult? It’s not. If your soles become uneven or run-down, you can simply replace the soles by dropping by a local authorized repair store. It costs about $40, and creates a brand new Birkenstock shoe. That’s economical.
- 1. Nubuck/Suede
Nubuck/Suede can be tricky, just remember suede is not smooth. Therefore, dirt and dust can become trapped in your suede. A Nubuck/Suede brush will lift loose surface dirt and brushes up the nap without tearing leather fibers. These brushes can be found online for less than $3. Totally worth it.
- 2. Smooth Leather
Smooth Leather can get scuffed up. Using a mild leather cleaner will work, but so does a damp cloth. Either one will work and depends on your bank account. In addition, if there are stubborn spots on your Birkenstocks, then grab a matching polish to make them shine.
- 3. Birko-Flor and Birkibuc
Birko-Flor and Birkibuc material is very easy to care for. All you will need a damp cloth.
- 4. EVA Sandals
Birkenstock's EVA Malibu and Waikiki sandals are waterproof and washable! Remember, no direct sunlight, so wash with a mild soap and water and let your favorite shoes air dry inside! .
- 1. Box Leather
- 2. Pull-Up Leather
- 3. Patent Leather
- 4. Oiled Leather
- 5. Tumbled Leather
- 6. Full Grain Leather
- 1. Cabrio Leather
- 2. Nubuck Leather
- 3. Suede Leather
- 4. Veg-Tan Leather
- 5. Waxy Leather
- Birki's have to be the easiest shoe to clean. The Professional Birki, Super Birki Clog, and Sport Clog each have replaceable insoles and dish-washer safe outer mold construction. You could even drive over these clogs and still be able to have them looking new. Probably the easiest shoe to own.
Leather and Finishes best for Work Environments:
Perfect for work environments with greasy, wet, or staining liquids; Has a smooth, clean finish for easy maintenance.
Care Instructions: Shoe polish can touch up everyday scuff marks. Surface dirt or stains can be removed with a damp, soapy cloth/sponge.
Dansko’s best occupational leather finish allows you to erase scuffs and scratches by redistributing oil or wax with your fingertips!
Care Instructions: Using your fingertips (light pressure) will remove scuffs and scratches; to ensure long lasting finish, buff your Pull-Up leather with Dansko Leather Cream.
The Patent Leather is a formal, shiny, polycoat finish.
Care Instructions: Simply use a clean damp cloth to remove any surface dirt.
Great for outdoor or more rugged environments. This finish has been heavily oiled to create a long-lasting and waterproof surface.
Care Instructions: EASY EASY EASY! These will last for years if you apply Dansko Oiled Leather Restorer to maintain the oiled finish and Dansko Beeswax Conditioner to increase water resistance. Rub out light scuffs with finger tips. A damp cloth will easily remove persistent dirt.
The Tumbled Leather is a flexible and water-resistant material with a textured finish. Since it does not brake down in wet or greasy environments, this leather and finish is great for work!
Care Instructions: Simply wipe with a damp cloth. For extra protection, we suggest using the Dansko Leather Cream as a conditioner and restorer for the leather’s appearance.
Great for wet or greasy environments; the full-grain leather is water resistant.
Care Instructions: Wipe with a damp cloth, maintain the leather’s smooth finish, just use the Dansko Leather Cream.
Dansko Leathers and Finishes Best for Dressy Occasions:
This finish is worn for dressy occasions. Since it features a black top coat with a high-gloss shine, I wouldn’t recommend this for occupational or work uses.
Care Instructions: Gently wipe with a soft, dry cloth to remove surface dirt. Remember, this finish is more sensitive than the Black Box.
Being one of Dansko’s softest leathers (silky to the touch), the Nubuck leather is notorious for being used on their sandals or leisurely footwear.
Care Instructions: A damp cloth will remove any surface dirt. For extra care to make your shoes last for an extra 10 years, use Dansko Nubuck and Suede Bare and Brush to remove stubborn stains. Also, applying the Dansko Suede and Nubuck Spray after purchase can maximize your water and stain protection.
Obviously Suede is not for wet or harsh environments, so no work, just for play.
Care Instructions: To ensure long lasting suede, use the Dansko Nubuck and Suede Bar and Brush for surface stains; using the Dansko Suede and Nubuck Spray right after purchase will protect and seal the suede from future abrasions.
This leather and finish is best for dressy occasions. The leather is soft and smooth with a rich sheen finish. The leather and finish is comparable to a leather glove, it will conform to the shape of your foot easily.
Care Instructions: using a damp cloth will rid the leather of minor scuffs, but to properly maintain it for a long lasting life and shine, use the Dansko Leather Cream with a soft clean cloth.
The Waxy Leather is Aniline leather (type of leather made from high quality hides that were treated with aniline as a dye. This produces delicate, soft, giving leather). Extra Smooth!
Care Instructions: Just use your fingertips to rub out light scuffs. To preserve this high quality leather, lightly buff with the Dansko Clog Sponge.
Protecting Your Birkenstock Uppers
Birkenstock carries 4 upper materials to ensure you get the exact shoe you need. So, please don’t forget your Birkenstock shoes might need a little sumpin-sumpin.